Our way to a Data Driven Company
Red Tie DDC – CMM Framework is a structured and measurable methodology how to create & mature Data-Driven Company.
Since more than two years we have been discussing within our think-tank and with our clients “a way to be data-driven”.
As a result we have suggested framework that provides a comprehensive, 360-degree view of a company’s data ecosystem. It offers a simple way to identify areas that needs improvement and how to achieve it.
Our experience from the field have proven, that suggested Data Maturity Framework pillars and dimensions are well defined and provide a good picture on what needs to be improved when you want to increase data maturity of your company.
DDC model – main pillars:
- forge company-wide DATA CULTURE
- empover business users with proper PEOPLE & SKILLS
- leverage state-of-the-art technologies into robust DATA SERVICES
- ensure DATA CREDIBILITY through data asset management and governance
- proven approach for complex and long-term maturation effort required to reach DDC vision
- focused on harmonized and synchronized development of CAPABILITIES across entire organization
- level-defined MODEL to assess current ‚position‘ and to plan achievable and measurable ROADMAP to the next maturity leve
The most significant take-away out of last two years with our customers is, that in becoming data-driven, we need to highlight mainly a cultural change and building of proper capabilities/literacy of people. It is the culture and people where most of the companies struggle – not “ the technology”.
Therefore for majority of companies, Data Literacy should be (or already is) the major topic in the data area.
In order to begin a successful journey towards the Data Driven Company with our customers we first combine the knowledge contained in our DDC-CCD Framework with the customer’s maturity assessment. Based on the result we together define roadmap of arrangements that will shift customer’s organization to reach the target.
Ready-to-use DDC-CMM Framework as a reference model
- structured navigation map for any company aiming to improve and mature its data practice
- Quick self-assessment based on prepared questionnaires to map „as-is“ maturity status
Additional Assessment Services
- Training of internal „DDC maturity assessors“
Examples of outputs
Prepared Questionnaires & Maturity charts
- Filled questionnaires per each area / assessed business unit
Maturity Chart with Business Unit, Company and Expert views are helping to understand strenghts and weaknesses.
Reference Model & Assessment Overview
Assessment charts are helping to understand how close the company is to the Data Driven vision.
- Evaluation summary